- Grazia Italia 12 November 2014 Marica Pellegrinelli
- Vogue Russia December 2014 Natalia Vodianova
- L’Officiel Brazil November 2014 Bruna Tenorio
- Marie Claire Brazil November 2014 Isabeli Fontana by Eduardo Rezende (Editorial)
- Harper’s Bazaar Singapore November 2014 Julia Frauche by Jens Langkjaer (Editorial)
- Elle Russia December 2014 Heather Marks by Xavi Gordo
- Archetype No.2 Grace Bol by Greg Swales (Editorial)
- Grazia France 7 November 2014 Melanie Laurent By Satoshi Saikusa
- Eurowoman November 2014 Crista Cober by Jonas Bie (Editorial)
- Vogue Portugal December 2014 Barbara Palvin by Marcin Tyszka
- Vogue Germany December 2014 Kati Nescher by Giampaolo Sgura
- Glamour US December 2014 Lupita Nyong´o by Tom Munro
- T Style Magazine Winter Luxury 2014 Philip Roth by Inez & Vinood
- Numéro Thailand November 2014 Timea and Anastasia by Pisid Whangvisarn
- Marie Claire France December 2014 Ashley Smith By Marcin Tyszka
- Julia Kosheleva by Harley Weir
- Haavard Kleppe by Bruna Kazinoti
- Jim Beck & Laura O’ Grady by Cameron Alexander
- Emma Balfour by Chris Vidal Tenomaa
- Marc-André Turgeon by Yann Faucher
- Charlotte Lindvig by Rachel Chandler
About the issue:
SSAW, the Helsinki-based fashion and culture biannual magazine, releases it’s sixth issue in early November of 2014. The Autumn-Winter 2014-2015 edition of SSAW offers six beautiful and thoughtprovoking cover editorials shot in all corners of the worlds from Paris to New York, London, Sydney, and Moscow by an exciting group of young international photographers, who are in the forefront of the shift of aesthetics happening in fashion at the moment including one of the most sought-after and celebrated photographers of their generation, Harley Weir and New York-based Rachel Chandler. SSAW is also very excited to welcome the emerging London photographer Cameron Alexander and stylist Ellie Grace Cumming to its family of contributors.
In this issue we continue to embrace realness and raw beauty by representing a casting ranging from the legendary nineties supermodel and face of grunge, Emma Balfour - who was shot in her home-town of Sydney - to Charlotte Lindvig, the face of Proenza Schouler, to new top male models Marc-André Turgeon, Haavard Kleppe and Carl Hjelm Sandqvist. Photographer Harley Weir mixed models with real Russian women of different generations in her emotional and highly personal editorial shot with SSAW’s Senior Fashion Editor Lotta Volkova Adam in Moscow while Cameron Alexander and Ellie-Grace Cumming produced a quintisential London story with a great cast of unique beauties.
This sixth issue is completed with six compelling interviews that range from Michèle Lamy, the muse and partner of Rick Owens who was photographed and interviewed at their home in Paris, to the legendary London fashion and nightlife phenomenon Pam Hogg. Detmar Blow opened the doors of Hilles, a landmark stately home in Painswick in England’s rural Gloucestershire while Kevin Cummins, the photographer behind some of the most iconic images of music legends such as Morrissey, Courtney Love and PJ Harvey, met us to discuss his enigmatic career. We also met the newly appointed head designers at the helms of two groundbreaking fashion houses, Marco Zanini at Schiparelli in Paris and Sebastien Meunier at Ann Demeulemeester in Antwerp, to discuss the new chapter in their careers.
A poetic line from the 1997 movie The Ice Storm gave this issue its backbone and worked beautifully as our editor’s letter. The pace of the fashion world is supersonic as there’s a constant demand of new ideas, models and photographers who walk in and out the sliding doors so quickly that it’s frightening. Certainly this flux of creativity can also be exhilarating so trying to find the right balance between these two ideas of novelty and timelessness is our biggest challenge. We were saddened to learn the recent news of the passing of photographer David Armstrong, one of our greatest heroes who influenced and shaped the look of this magazine with his timeless images and love for a simple, raw beauty. We were fortunate to have him shoot one of our most beautiful covers and he will be deeply missed. Light and darkness, coexist in a beautifully mysterious dance that is impossible to catch.
- Vogue Netherlands December 2014 Amanda Wellsh by Alique
- Glamour France December 2014 Giedre Dukauskaite by Hilary Walsh (Editorial)
- V 92 Winter 2014 Nicki Minaj by Mario Testino
- The Edit 6 November 2014 Naomi Campbell by Nico (Editorial)
- Vanidades November 2014 Melina Gesto
- WSJ Magazine November 2014 Joan Smalls & Lil Buck by Daniel Jackson
- Marie Claire Romania November 2014 Iulia Cirstea by Tudor Cucu
- Brit Marling by James Wright & Dane DeHaan by Guy Aroch.
The issue includes an 18 page interview and career retrospective with Mario Testino.
More: "In our Collections chapter, model Poppy Delevingne is shot as she's never been seen before, Langley Fox explores the fringes of Los Angeles, and Charlie Casely-Hayford wears London's best menswear. Features on directors David Fincher and Derek Cianfrance; artists Beth Hoeckel and Esther Teichmann. Musicians Connan Mockasin, Christopher Owens and Bad Girlfriend; articles on juke joints, the war on drugs and many more features from across the arts".
- Grit Winter 2014 Anastasiia by Niclas Heikkinen
- Air France Madame November Winter 2014 Marine Vacth by Arnaud Pyvka (Editorial)
- Styleby November 2014 Kirstin Kragh Liljegren by Patrik Sehlstedt
- Yo Dona November 2014 Malena Costa by Antonio Terrón
- Singles Korea November 2014 by Hong Jang Hyun (Editorial)